Connect your moderator Slack workspace to receive post notifications:
Sign in with Slack

Grade Feeadback

Hello,
We don't understand the grading system for project 1. Can you explain the scaling ? For example we have B(full score), doesn't A correspond to full score ? Also we don't understand the shifting of the values from percentage to 1-10 (we have a 90% transformed into 8 and 80% into 7). How is the final grade of the project computed from the 2 reviews and how the letters will be converted to numbers ?
Thank you very much.

Top comment

the final combined course grades on the EPFL scale 1-6 will only be released at the end, after the exam. we don't release partial grades. as you know project 1 counts 10%, project 2 counts 30%

for the project report feedback, the scale is the percentage one you see in the feedback.
for the code part, B means perfect grade. A means extra bonus for some teams who have done extremely well on the software aspect (you see the explanation next to the letter)

@martin2 said:
for the code part, B means perfect grade. A means extra bonus for some teams who have done extremely well on the software aspect (you see the explanation next to the letter)

Hello,

I don't see any "explanation" next to the letter for the A score, only "extra bonus". How do I know what bonus I've got ?

Thank you

first world problem ;). A means you got the extra bonus for the code part. as for why you got it, we can only refer to the feedback text in the code text field. is it related?

if you disagree strongly with some parts of the feedback please leave a comment in the submission system.

@martin2 said:
first world problem ;). A means you got the extra bonus for the code part. as for why you got it, we can only refer to the feedback text in the code text field. is it related?

Excuse me if I didn't express myself well enough. I was talking about the bonus, I saw on another post that they've got 8.9% bonus iirc, so I was wondering if such a bonus should be somewhere in the the feedback.

no. they got 90% or 80% in report, plus bonus for the code. there is no bonus for report, only code

That's exactly what I'm asking: we got 70% for report and A for code for a review, does it mean 70% and 100% or do we get a bonus given that B is already 100%

bonus means you get a bonus, so more than 100%, yes

Page 1 of 1

Add comment

Post as Anonymous Dont send out notification