Connect your moderator Slack workspace to receive post notifications:
Sign in with Slack

What if I have to quarantine?

Hello! I'm an exchange student and now I'm not in Switzerland, but I would like to return to do the exam in person after Christmas.

For now, I don't have to quarantine myself if I return to Switzerland so there's no problem, but what would happen if the government add my country to the list later and therefore I can't assist to the exam due to the quarantine?

Thanks for your answer!

yes we're aware of this. as an exchange student you should be able to apply to EPFL student services via the extramural exam form, and find a prof at your home uni supervising you. maybe do this in a week or so once it's a bit more clear how the covid cases in both countries evolve. please keep me in the email-loop as well

Hello,
what about epfl students in the same hypothetical situation?

same answer with another uni, but need to strong arguments to EPFL students services about the kind of travel restrictions you are facing (we just had a case of a local EPFL student where student services said no. still checking with them, will update once more clear)

Student services have just told me that the extramural exam is never allowed for local students, in any case. So much for Vetterli's "tout est fait pour soutenir les étudiants"...

In my specific case (I'm Italian), there are very few flights, and trains to and from Switzerland have just been suppressed because SBB (rightfully) refused to comply with our government's absurdly strict Covid regulations. Apparently, that's not enough.

So, I'll try to figure something out, but if I do fall ill, or have to go into quarantine, what do I do? Is there any way I can do the exam?

contact me again a few days before the exam, if the problem persists then

Thank you for being so comprehensive and understanding of our situations :)

Page 1 of 1

Add comment

Post as Anonymous Dont send out notification