Connect your moderator Slack workspace to receive post notifications:
Sign in with Slack

Exam and solutions of today are available on github

and on the course website

Thank you!
I was wondering about question 8. It was asked about identifying the incorrect statement, however, the only correct statement is marked to be the correct answer?

the box is ticked as it should. sorry for the 4 confusing answers labels, they refer to correctness of the box, not the statement. but all seems ok to me

Hi,

Could you please give more details on the complexity of the K cross validation ?

We are training a dataset on K times on the union of K-1 groups of N/K samples. It's not very clear whether the complexity should be O(K) or O(K(K-1)).
Take N=K, we train on K-1 samples and test on 1 sample. We do it K times. Here we obviously have O(K(K-1))

@Anonymous said:
Hi,

Could you please give more details on the complexity of the K cross validation ?

We are training a dataset on K times on the union of K-1 groups of N/K samples. It's not very clear whether the complexity should be O(K) or O(K(K-1)).
Take N=K, we train on K-1 samples and test on 1 sample. We do it K times. Here we obviously have O(K(K-1))

I think there is the description that "the training samples are sufficient large". So you cannot really make the assumption that N=K because this is not possible asymptotically.

Yes but in the end you still train a union of (K-1)*N/K elements for each group.

In the correction it says we train (K-1) / K elements but it would mean less than 1 ?

Thanks for the amazing work publishing this so early, really appreciate it! You've calmed my nerves massively! <3

Thank you so much for this fast respond! I truly appreciate it

Hi, could anyone explain a bit about in question 29, why the eigenvalues are sorted in a non-increasing order, instead of a non-decreasing order?

@Anonymous said:
Hi, could anyone explain a bit about in question 29, why the eigenvalues are sorted in a non-increasing order, instead of a non-decreasing order?

Non-decreasing means \(\geq\), while non-increasing means \(\leq\)

@Anonymous said:

@Anonymous said:

other way around

@Anonymous said:

@Anonymous said:

Yeah, but shouldn't the largest eigenvalues come first? like 5, 4, 3, 2 ,1 --- non-decreasing order

5, 4, 3, 2, 1 is non-increasing order: 5 ≥ 4 ≥ 3...

In the first part of the last open question, you prove that B <= A, and in the previous question, we show that t<= A. It does not imply that t <= B.

@Anonymous said:
5, 4, 3, 2, 1 is non-increasing order: 5 ≥ 4 ≥ 3...

Ah, I get it now, thanks!

Page 1 of 1

Add comment

Post as Anonymous Dont send out notification